Peter provides guidance in the areas of tax planning, tax controversy, and business transactions.
Peter’s practice focuses on tax and business transactions. His tax practice includes tax planning and tax controversy. His business practice includes entity formation, corporate compliance and governance, contract drafting and review, and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Peter served as Law Clerk to the Oregon Tax Court and practiced tax and business law at small and mid-sized firms in Portland. During law school, he served as Articles Editor on the Lewis & Clark Law Review.
Before law school, Peter worked in the financial industry where he researched investment and insurance products and prepared financial plans for client presentations.
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- New Tax Lawyer Committee, Member
- New Tax Lawyer Committee, Public Service Stipend Program Coordinator
- Taxation Section, Newsletter Committee
- Taxation Section, Portland Luncheon CLE Series, Co-Host
- Larry's Tax Law, 11.20.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 10.22.19
- The CAT Continues to Be on the Prowl – the Oregon Department of Revenue’s Town Hall Meetings Roadshow Made It to PortlandLarry's Tax Law, 10.9.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 10.2.19
- Be Aware: The CAT Is on the Prowl – the Oregon Department of Revenue’s Town Hall Meetings Begin TonightLarry's Tax Law, 9.17.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 9.5.19
- The Oregon Department of Revenue Plans to Publish Much Needed Guidance on the Newly Enacted Corporate Activity TaxLarry's Tax Law, 8.22.19
- Referendum to Repeal Oregon Corporate Activity Tax Has Wind Taken Out of Its Sails – The New Tax May Be Here to StayLarry's Tax Law, 7.25.19
- Now You See It – Now You Don’t. Like Magic, the City of Portland Disallows Depreciation Deductions Otherwise Allowable as a Result of Code Section 754Larry's Tax Law, 7.11.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 6.4.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 4.23.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 3.14.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 1.7.19
- The Seventh Circuit Affirmed the U.S. Tax Court in Exelon Corporation v. Commissioner – Having Expert Tax Advisors on Your Team Will Not Always Relieve You From the Imposition of Accuracy-Related PenaltiesLarry's Tax Law, 12.6.18
- Oregon, 2014
- U.S. Tax Court, 2019
- LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center (with distinction), 2017
- J.D., Lewis and Clark Law School (magna cum laude), 2014
- Lewis & Clark Law Review, Articles Editor
- B.A., Temple University (cum laude), History, 2003
- Honorable Henry C. Breithaupt, Oregon Tax Court