Foster Garvey assists clients with all types of health care disputes and litigation including: Certificate of Need appeals, payment disputes, billing and reimbursement actions, fraud and abuse self-disclosure and defense, antitrust investigations and litigation, qui tam False Claims Act litigation, HIPAA and HITECH enforcement actions, commercial and contract disputes, licensing actions, medical staffing matters, employment discrimination and wrongful termination actions, and labor disputes.
- Representation of public hospital district in administrative and superior court proceedings regarding approval by the Department of Health's Certificate of Need program of the construction of a new facility critical to providing quality health care to the community.
- Representation of kidney dialysis provider in administrative and superior court proceedings regarding allocation of new facilities under Department of Health's Certificate of Need program.
- Representation of hospital and medical staff personnel in disputes with pathology group regarding clinical and anatomic pathology services.
- Representation of major medical center in prosecution of claims regarding payment and reimbursement for significant outpatient services and procedures.
- Investigation by Federal Trade Commission of proposed combination of hospital systems based in Tacoma and Bremerton (Washington), resulting in decision by FTC not to challenge transaction.
- Representation of a national for-profit hospital system in acquisition of hospitals in Yakima and Toppenish (Washington). This was the first transaction reviewed under the Hospital Conversion Statute, and attracted national attention, and opposition, from groups such as Consumers Union.
- Representation of a leading West Coast hospital system in a challenge brought by SEIU to financing before Hospital Facilities Authority.
- Representation of a national for-profit hospital system on antitrust and other issues related to separation of a joined medical staff.
News & Events
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 4.26.21
- "A View from the Early Years of Their Legal Career," Washington State Bar Association Health Law SectionSpeaking EngagementVirtual Event, 4.21.21