Mikaela assists health care facilities and providers with managing the regulatory environment, allowing them to focus on offering quality care and access to their patients and communities.
Mikaela’s practice is devoted to helping hospitals and health care providers on a wide range of matters, including regulatory compliance, health information privacy, data security, contracting, licensing, certificates of need, and governance. She also has experience representing health care providers at all levels of the Certificate of Need process, including related litigation.
Prior to joining Foster Garvey, Mikaela was a judicial extern for Justice Mary Yu of the Washington State Supreme Court. Before law school, she worked as a consultant and trainer for a variety of health care institutions from FQHCs to government health agencies and private hospital systems.
- American Health Lawyers Association, 2019-present
- Immigrant Families Advocacy Project, Case Volunteer, 2016-2017
- Foster Garvey, Opportunity & Progress Council, Member, 2020-present
- Washington State Health Executive Forum, 2020-present
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys, 2019-present
- Alzheimer's Association, Washington State Chapter, 2013-present
- Board of Directors, Chair
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Co-Chair
- The Cross Cultural Health Care Program, Board of Directors, 2020-present
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 10.22.19
- Washington, 2019
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2019
- Concentration in Health Law
- Gregoire Fellow
- Washington Law Review, Associate Notes & Comments Editor
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2011
- Washington State Supreme Court, Justice Mary I. Yu, Judicial Extern, 2018