Rylan focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and risk management. He counsels local, national and multi-national clients on a variety of issues, including commercial contracts and leases, antitrust enforcement and compliance, healthcare regulation, as well as U.C.C. and retail industry relations. Additionally, Rylan has experience representing developers, owners and contractors in matters involving construction defect, contract negotiations and disputes over repair, maintenance, and wear and tear. Outside the courtroom, Rylan is an avid fisherman and spends most of his free time with his wife and dog chasing salmon up and down the Columbia River.
- Represented a national construction-products manufacturer in a civil antitrust enforcement action against material suppliers engaged in price-fixing.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest hospital and healthcare-facility operators against a major health network in a multi-faceted payment dispute involving Indian Health Services, Contract Health Services and Medicare Like Rates.
- Represented a large Washington state credit union in a class-action dispute over the assessment of overdraft privilege fees.
- Represented a national battery manufacturer in a commercial lease dispute involving allegations of environmental contamination and structural damage.
- Represented a health supplement products manufacturer in a commercial sales dispute with a major seafood products supplier.
- Represented multiple fishing products manufacturers in patent and trademark disputes.
- Represented the government of Canada against a Washington state biofuel supplier in a U.C.C. dispute involving a multi-national supply contract.
- Represented a food product manufacturer in a dispute involving alleged violations of California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act (Proposition 65).
- Represented a major electronics recycling facility against a Washington software company in a commercial contract dispute.
News & Insights
News & Insights
"Washington Employers Should Review Firearms Policy," Foster Pepper News Alert, June 2013
- Washington, 2012
- J.D., University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2012
- Law Review, Supervising Editor
- Environmental Law Quarterly, Member
- Federalist Society, Vice President
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College (cum laude), 2007
- Departmental Honors - Government
- McKenna International Award, 2005
- Margaret Martin Brock Award, 2005
- John Brown Cook Association Award, 2005