Melia’s practice focuses on advising hospitality, travel, liquor and cannabis clients on transactional, regulatory and operational matters.
Melia’s passion for the hospitality industry traces back to her roots and continues to the present day, with grandparents who were founders and operators of a winery in Oregon’s Willamette Valley and great grandparents who were hotel developers in Seattle and Hawaii. She enjoys helping hospitality businesses thrive, as they help enrich people’s experiences and lives, by bringing togetherness and exposing people to new cuisines, places and cultures.
In addition to her legal practice, Melia is committed to social justice and advocating for Washington’s disability community. Also active in the legal industry and local community, she is involved with the Commercial Real Estate Woman Network (CREW) and is a member of the King County Bar Association where she has presented on ethical issues in bankruptcy.
- King County Bar Association, Construction Law Section, Member
Women Leaders in Construction, Member
- Washington’s LCB Clarifies Legality of Producing Delta-9 THC from Hemp-based CBD – What Cannabis Companies Need to KnowCannabis Business Blog, 8.12.21
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsrsoom, 6.7.21
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (cum laude)
- Seattle University Law Review, Lead Article Editor
- B.A., University of Washington, English
Honors & Recognition
Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018-present