Dan has a passion for helping startups and emerging companies navigate the complex business and legal landscape, assisting his clients in every stage of the business lifecycle, from formation and financing to a successful exit.
Dan focuses his practice on advising clients in corporate, securities and financing, trademark and brand protection, intellectual property licensing, wine and beverage law, and commercial transactions.
His experience includes drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions in the areas of manufacturing, services and technology development. In addition, Dan regularly counsels and assists clients with the strategic acquisition, protection, registration, commercialization and enforcement of all types of intellectual property rights.
Outside of work, Dan is active in several local and charitable organizations by serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Northwest and as a member of the Advisory Board for Gonzaga’s New Venture Lab and Gonzaga’s Entrepreneurship Advisory Board. He holds his Juris Doctor from Gonzaga University School of Law.
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- Spokane County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Member
- Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Section
- Intellectual Property Section
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Northwest, Board of Directors
- Gonzaga University
- Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
- New Venture Lab Advisory Board
News & Insights
- Law360, 7.7.21
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 7.6.21
- Washington, 2009
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law (cum laude)
- Gonzaga Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- B.A., Gonzaga University (magna cum laude), Economics, concentration in Entrepreneurial Leadership, minors in Analytical Finance and Spanish,
Honors & Recognition
- Rising Star, Intellectual Property, Super Lawyers, 2014-2020
- Featured as a Top Lawyer by Spokane Coeur d'Alene Living magazine each year from 2016-2020