- What We Do
- Business & Corporate Finance
- Emerging Companies
Foster Garvey helps dynamic and innovative entrepreneurs, founders, investors, boards of directors and advisors launch new ventures and grow them into successful enterprises.
We provide our startup clients or the investors that support them with pragmatic representation at virtually all stages of the business lifecycle. Our emerging company attorneys frequently act as outside general counsel to our clients, serving as a strategic partner with an understanding of our clients’ business objectives that allows us to guide them forward. With this knowledge of our clients’ industries, operations and goals, we can offer a tailored, cost-effective, practical and team-oriented approach.
We also work regularly with venture capital firms and angel investors to assist with due diligence, negotiate and document investments in emerging companies and startups, which gives us a well-rounded perspective of both the company and investor position.
We represent clients spanning a variety of industries and sectors, including food and beverage, technology, sports and entertainment, beauty and wellness, fashion and apparel, and manufacturing.
Our legal services include:
- Business structure and formation
- Co-founder arrangements
- Friends and family, angel, venture capital and private-equity firm equity and debt financings
- Protection and enforcement of intellectual property
- Licensing, supply, sales, distribution and manufacturing agreements
- Regulatory compliance
- Data privacy
- Corporate governance
- Real estate matters
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Executive compensation and benefits
- Tax planning
- Options and equity incentive plans
- Joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Mergers and acquisitions
News & Events
- "Women in Finance and the Rise of FemTech" Enters Spotlight at Nutrition Capital Network's 2023 Spring Investor Meeting5.4.23
- Hillary Hughes Discusses Importance of Legal Security in the Emerging Food Tech Space with Food & Beverage InsiderFood & Beverage Insider, 10.20.22
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 9.1.22
- "Follow the Money: Is 'this' a Three Tier Problem?" 2023 Annual Conference, National Conference of State Liquor AdministratorsSpeaking EngagementOklahoma City, OK, 6.13.23
- Speaking EngagementSpokane, WA, 4.12.23
- "The Ins and Outs of Scaling a Food Business," Branchfood Panel Discussion – 2022 Rhode Island Startup WeekPanel DiscussionVirtual Event, 10.6.22