Ruth focuses on hospitality operations and intellectual property and technology transactions in the hospitality industry.
Ruth advises clients on matters such as group sales and event contracts, various vendor and consulting relationships, SaaS licenses, spa and restaurant third-party management agreements, in-licensing of video-on-demand technology, music licensing and co-branding and marketing agreements and practices. She also advises clients on contests and sweepstakes matters and other advertising and marketing-related issues.
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International, Member
- Meeting Professionals International, Member
Online inventory distribution agreements with major European online travel agents, such as GTA and Booking.com.
Completed central reservation system (CRS) platform, support and technology consultation agreement.
Co-branded VISA card agreements (U.S.) with card brand and bank issuer.
Multiple international loyalty program and co-marketing agreements for hotel clients (e.g., MasterCard Europe, Visa/Kiwi, Jet Airways, Qatar Airlines, Air Singapore).
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 3.7.17
- Reading the Fine Print: Changes in Legal Framework for the Assessment and Display of Service ChargesDuff on Hospitality Law, 10.19.16
- Sports & Entertainment Beat, 7.29.15
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 1.22.15
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 11.10.14
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 9.13.13
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 4.19.13
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 4.16.13
- Visa, MasterCard Propose 6+ Billion Dollar Settlement in Merchant Class Action Litigation Over Interchange FeesDuff on Hospitality Law, 3.20.13
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 10.31.12
- Rate Parity as Price Fixing: UK’s Office of Fair Trading Statement Suggests Trouble Ahead for Industry Standard Online Travel Agent Contract ProvisionsDuff on Hospitality Law, 8.3.12
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 1.23.12
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 9.25.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 8.24.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 7.11.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 5.20.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 3.17.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 2.11.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 1.14.11
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 12.3.10
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 11.19.10
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 9.14.10
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 7.20.10
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 5.28.10
News & Insights
- "Group Sales and Event Contracting During (and After) COVID-19,” The Virtual Hospitality Law ConferenceSpeaking EngagementVirtual Event, 10.8.20
- "Rate Parity Update", HSMAI ROC ConferenceSpeaking EngagementNew Orleans, LA, 6.22.16
- Revenue Optimization ConferenceSpeaking EngagementNew Orleans, LA, June 22, 2016
- "Contracting in the Hospitality Business", MPI Cascadia Educational ConferenceSpeaking EngagementSunriver Resort, OR, 3.13.16
- Speaking EngagementHouston, TX, 2.10.14
- Best Western Owners’ Fall Marketing MeetingSpeaking EngagementSilverdale, WA, 9.17.13
- Speaking EngagementHouston, TX, 2.12.13
- "Contracting in the 21st Century: The Rising Significance of Guest Information and Intellectual Property," HFTP’s Annual Convention & Trade ShowSpeaking EngagementOrlando, FL, 10.18.12
- HOTEL Yearbook 2017, 3.7.17
- So What's in a Name? Understanding, Identifying, Protecting and Using Trademarks: The Basics for HoteliersHSMAI, 9.12.14
- Hospitality Upgrade, 3.1.13
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School (cum laude), 2000
- B.S., Indiana University (with distinction), 1996