Foster Garvey is proud to announce it has once again been recognized as a top law firm in the United States by Chambers & Partners, publishers of Chambers USA. The firm received eight practice rankings and 16 individual attorney rankings in New York, Oregon and Washington state.
The rankings include a new statewide ranking for Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Oregon – Band 1) and individual ranking for Vincent Cacciottoli (Oregon – Band 1).
For the first year, Chambers also provided Healthcare rankings in Washington state with Foster Garvey earning a Band 2 ranking for the practice and individual rankings for Brad Berg (Band 2) and Lori Nomura (Band 1).
In addition, Michelle DeLappe is recognized in the Tax category (Washington – Band 2), Steve Gillespie for Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Washington – Up and Coming) and Joe West for Real Estate (Oregon – Band 4).
Chambers USA rankings are the result of extensive survey and interviews of in-house counsel and leading law firm partners.
The following Foster Garvey practices were recognized in the Chambers USA publication:
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Washington – Band 3)
- Corporate/Commercial (Washington – Band 3)
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Oregon – Band 1)
- Environment (Washington – Band 3)
- Healthcare (Washington – Band 2)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Oregon – Band 3)
- Real Estate (Washington – Band 3)
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Washington – Band 2)
Foster Garvey attorneys received the following individual rankings:
- Joseph Arellano, Litigation: General Commercial (Oregon – Band 3) calling him “an experienced litigator, with a practice covering issues such as professional liability and securities litigation.”
- Bradley Berg, Healthcare (Washington – Band 1) with sources saying “he is probably the smartest lawyer I know.”
- Vincent Cacciottoli, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Oregon – Band 1) is “regarded as one of Oregon’s foremost employee benefits and executive compensation attorneys.”
- Deborah Crabbe, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Washington –Band 2) and sources comment that “she is an excellent lawyer who is dedicated to her clients.”
- Michelle DeLappe, Tax (Washington – Band 2) with one interviewee commenting that “she is creative in coming up with solutions and responsive to client needs.”
- Gary Fluhrer, Real Estate (Washington – Senior Statesperson) noting that “he is a go-to lawyer for developers, investors and owners.”
- Steve Gillespie, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Washington – Up and Coming) with one client commenting that “Steve Gillespie has been wonderful. He is practical, intelligent, solution-oriented and easy to work with.”
- Hillary Hughes, Media & Entertainment: Film & Television (New York – Band 3) with clients calling her “a gifted communicator with a very personable and thoughtful approach.”
- Brent Jones, Corporate/Commercial (Washington – Band 3) with a source reporting that “Brent is consistently responsive, practical and creative. He understands our business and provides tailored advice to help us meet our objectives.”
- Ken Lederman, Environment (Washington – Band 2) with an interviewee stating, “Ken has been great: very responsive, very accessible and very knowledgeable about the subject matter.”
- Lori Nomura, Healthcare (Washington – Band 1) with interviewees calling her a “’strong transactional lawyer,’ as well as attracting praise for her leading Certificate of Need strength.”
- Pat Schneider, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Washington – Band 2) with one source commenting “he is a very good litigator and I have a good amount of respect for his skills. He’s a good advocate for his clients and has been doing good work for many years.”
- Rafael Stone, Investment Funds: Investor Representation (Nationwide – Band 2) noting “his practice spans the full range of private equity funds, including those formed to invest in infrastructure and real estate.”
- Lori Terry Gregory, Environment (Washington – Band 2) with peers noting that she is “very sophisticated” and a good advocate for her client.”
- Robert Weaver, Litigation: General Commercial (Oregon – Band 2) with clients referring to him as “extremely impressive” and peers recognizing him as “a pillar of the Oregon bar.”
- Joe West, Real Estate (Oregon – Band 4) lauded by clients for his “deep knowledge in all facets of real estate law.”
Chambers & Partners, based in London, publishes directories that assess the world’s leading attorneys. Chambers USA was first introduced in 2003.