Foster Garvey will have attorneys and legal professionals attend and present sessions at the upcoming Washington Association of School Business Officials (WASBO) conference in Spokane. The conference is scheduled to take place from May 3-5, 2023.
School districts in Washington are currently facing challenging budget decisions, including navigating federal relief funds, addressing learning recovery, and adjusting reopening plans. To ensure school districts stay informed on these critical issues and more, WASBO's 2023 Annual Conference will offer a unique opportunity to learn from people in the field.
Our team will speak on a range of topics, with presentations designed to equip school-related business professionals with the critical information they need to make informed decisions in their respective districts. Presentations include:
- Adrian Winder will present “’Thank You For Your Feedback’: Managing Public Comment and Complying with the OPMA’s New Requirements”
- Lee Marchisio, Grant Brooks, Andrew Burgess will present “Continuing Disclosure Basics: Why and How to File Information and Notices on EMMA”
- Jim McNeill, Francis Badu will present “Alternative Capital Funding Sources: Capital Levies”
- Jim McNeill, Jasen McEathron will present “Bond Basics”
- Joy Ellis will present “Best Practices for Conducting a Workplace Investigation”
- Tom Ahearne will present “From ‘F The Draft’ to Coach-led Prayer: evolving 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech & Religion Standards that Today's Schools Now Face”
- Ryan Swanson, Jim McNeill, T.J. Kelly, Jane Murray will present “Educational Programs and Operations (EPO) Levies: Processes to Prepare for and Implement”
- Jim McNeill will join Francis Badu to present “Alternative Capital Funding Sources: Capital Levies”
- Jim McNeill, Kyle Haugh, Stuart Holmes will present “Election Law Changes: Participation in Local Voters' Pamphlets”
- Tom Ahearne will present “Let Them Eat Cake: How the Supreme Court's Wahkiakum Decision Will Impact Education Facilities Funding with/without Bonds”
Foster Garvey is a leading municipal law firm with offices throughout the Pacific Northwest. Our attorneys have extensive experience advising public sector clients, including school districts, on a range of legal and regulatory issues.