The attorneys on Foster Garvey’s Environmental Litigation team have a successful track record of achieving favorable results across a broad variety of environmental disputes. We are proud to be selected by our clients and peers among the top Washington state environmental litigation practices by U.S. News-Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Whether we are handling a clean-up matter, defending a citizen suit, or appearing in a contested hearing, we bring a practical and client-focused approach to our environmental work.
- Successful defense or settlement of numerous citizen suits in federal courts throughout the Pacific Northwest for alleged violations of the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, nuisance, and trespass.
- Recovery of cleanup costs from responsible parties at CERCLA Superfund and MTCA sites, as well as voluntary cleanup sites.
- Defense of nuisance, trespass, negligence and inverse condemnation claims brought against large municipality by 26 property owners.
- Defense of criminal and administrative enforcement actions
- Lead counsel for environmental litigation associated with Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Third Runway.
- Defense of toxic tort claims arising out of stormwater and combined sewer overflow (CSO) discharges.
- Representation of policy holders in multi-state insurance litigation over historic insurance policies, and many other claims and lawsuits against insurers to recover environmental cleanup costs.
News & Events
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 7.31.23
- Foster Garvey Receives National and Metropolitan Honors in 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" RankingsFoster Garvey Newsroom
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.18.22
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.5.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.1.18
- "Practical Considerations for Operating on Indian Lands," Special Institute on Natural Resource and Energy Development in Indian CountryEventWild Horse Pass Resort, Chandler Arizona, 11.2.23
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Environmental and Land Use Context," King County Bar Association Environmental and Land Use Law SectionPanel DiscussionCle Elum, WA, 5.11.18
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel