In an increasingly changing world, protecting intellectual property rights has grown more complex to include all of the different forms of intellectual property, including copyrights and trademarks.
Foster Garvey’s experienced Copyright & Trademark attorneys are well-positioned to dispense practical legal advice with respect to copyright, trademark and advertising law. Our services include the selection, clearance and registration, licensing, structuring and restructuring ownership. Additionally, we have vast experience with the copyright and trademark issues associated with corporate transactions and bankruptcy proceedings.
We regularly advise our clients on the proper use of content in advertising, marketing and branding.
Foster Garvey has represented clients in various industries including food and beverage, sports and entertainment, professional services, publishing, architecture, the arts and more.
Our attorneys assist clients with matters including:
- Agreements and licensing
- Use of third-party copyrighted and trademarked materials
- Assignments of copyright and trademark assets
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Recording of copyright and trademark registrations with U.S. and foreign customs services
- Registration of copyright and trademark assets with the U.S. and foreign offices
- Review and audit of proposed and ongoing use of copyrights and trademarks
News & Events
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 4.28.22
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 4.27.21
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 1.14.20
- Planning a Super Bowl- or Olympics-Themed Marketing Campaign? Quick Tips for Staying in Bounds and Avoiding DisqualificationSports & Entertainment Beat, 2.1.22
- Sports & Entertainment Beat, 1.12.21
- Speaking EngagementVirtual Event, 10.26.22
- "FCC Guidelines Workshop: Managing Sponsor Messaging," Public Media Development and Marketing Conference 2022Speaking EngagementHilton Chicago, Chicago, IL, 7.21.22
- Speaking EngagementVirtual Event, 6.28.22
- Speaking EngagementVirtual Event, 6.27.22
- Speaking EngagementVirtual Event, 11.23.21
- Speaking EngagementVirtual Event, 7.29.21
- Speaking EngagementVirtual Event, 10.28.20
- "Protection of Artistic Features | Copyright, Trade Dress, and Design Patent," Washington Lawyers for the ArtsSpeaking EngagementSeatte, WA, 1.29.20
- Planning a Super Bowl Marketing Campaign? 5 Quick Tips for Staying in Bounds and Avoiding Disqualification1.23.23
- New Court Ruling Suggests Actors Hold A Copyright Interest In Their Performances: Some Practical Tips for Performance Agreements and Appearance Releases3.18.14
- IPWatchdog, 4.24.20
- IPWatchdog, 1.7.20
- IPWatchdog, 12.9.19
- Office Managing Director and Principal
- Senior IP Paralegal & Office Manager