Todd’s practice focuses on litigation for secured creditors, commercial property owners, and business owners throughout Washington and Idaho.
Todd has tried more than 50 cases to verdict, including in bankruptcy court. He also has extensive environmental litigation experience with a focus on industrial property cleanup work.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Judicial Intern Opportunity Program
- Association of Washington Business, Member
- Legal Affairs Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Eastern Washington Bankruptcy Bar, President, 2014-2015
- Greater Spokane, Inc. Economic Development Action Group
- Inland Northwest Land Trust’s Business Outreach Committee, 2012
- Spokane County Superior Court Liaison Committee, Member
- Spokane Club House Committee, Member
- American Heart Association Heart Walk, Chair, 2012
Representative Work: Secured Creditors and Real Estate Matters
- Represented lenders in workouts, receiverships, judicial foreclosures and UCC executions on agricultural equipment.
- Defended lenders in negligence and other lender liability matters.
- Represented landowners in adverse possession and easement actions.
- Prosecuted numerous condemnation actions.
- Represented landlords in commercial lease negotiations and litigation, including commercial unlawful detainer.
Representative Work: Commercial Litigation
- Defended employers in wage and hour class action cases.
- Represented numerous employers in departing employee cases, including covenants not to compete and trade secret matters.
- Defended bank officers in negligence claims arising from failed bank.
- Defended national retailer in product liability claim.
Representative Work: Environmental Litigation
- Defended toxic tort claim involving alleged death of dairy herd.
- Defended owner of numerous gas stations in state enforcement action.
- Won favorable trial verdict in allocation case regarding PCB-contaminated property.
- Represented parties in multi-party hazardous waste case, including consent decree negotiations.
- Represented numerous business owners in contribution and agency enforcement actions.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.15.19
- Washington, 1991
- Idaho, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 1991
B.A., University of Washington, 1988
Honors & Recognition
The Best Lawyers in America© Commercial Litigation, 2020