Todd’s practice focuses on litigation for commercial property and business owners throughout Washington and Idaho.
He has tried more than 60 cases to verdict, including in bankruptcy court. Todd also has extensive environmental litigation experience with a focus on industrial property cleanup work.
- Eastern Washington Bankruptcy Bar, President, 2014-2015
- American Bar Association, Judicial Intern Opportunity Program
- American Heart Association Heart Walk, Chair, 2012
Real Estate and Secured Creditors
- Represents landowners in adverse possession and easement actions.
- Represents landlords in commercial lease negotiations and litigation, including commercial unlawful detainer.
- Represented hotel owners in Local Improvement District litigation.
- Represents lenders in workouts, receiverships, judicial foreclosures and bankruptcy matters.
- Defended agricultural operations in regulatory litigation related to COVID-19.
- Defended employers in wage and hour class action cases.
- Represented numerous employers in departing employee cases, including covenants not to compete and trade secret matters.
- Defended bank officers in negligence claims arising from failed bank.
- Defended national retailer in product liability claim.
- Defended toxic tort claim involving alleged death of dairy herd.
- Defended owner of numerous gas stations in state enforcement action.
- Won favorable trial verdict in allocation case regarding PCB-contaminated property.
- Represented parties in multi-party hazardous waste case, including consent decree negotiations.
- Represented numerous business owners in contribution and agency enforcement actions.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.18.22
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.19.21
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.20.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.15.19
- Washington, 1991
- Idaho, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 1991
B.A., University of Washington, 1988
Honors & Recognition
The Best Lawyers in America© Commercial Litigation, 2020-present