Nancy has more than 25 years of experience both as in-house counsel and in private practice counseling clients in connection with the selection, registration, protection and enforcement of their intellectual property.
Nancy's vast experience includes counseling clients in industries ranging from apparel to food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. She also has particular experience with long-range strategic counseling for trademark acquisition and exploitation.
She is a frequent presenter on a variety of topics related to trademarks and copyrights, including issues related to social media and the wine and spirits industry.
Previously, Nancy served as trademark counsel for The Coca-Cola Company and also as assistant division counsel for The Minute Maid Company.
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Corporate Counsel Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Association, Member
- California State Bar Association, Member
- Georgia State Bar Association, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
- Leadership Tomorrow, Graduate, 2003
- Loren Miller Bar Association
- National Bar Association, Member
- Youth & Law Forum Seattle, Chair
News & Insights
News & Insights
"Trademarks - Gateway to Shopping: A Generalist's Guide to Trademark Practice," Intellectual Property (IP) for the Non-IP Specialist, Washington State Bar Association, September 2019
"Brandmark: Creating and Protecting Your Brand," Foster Pepper Client Briefing, March 2015
"Trademarks and the Spirits Industry," Snohomish on the Rocks: Preparing for Privatization, April 2012
"Trademark Protection in Social Media," Social Media Law: Legal and liability issues, new regulatory initiatives and business models, September 2010
"Social Networks," WSBA 15th Annual Intellectual Property Institute, March 2010
- Washington, 2001
- California, 1989
- District of Columbia, 2001
- Georgia, 1988
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1987
- Masters of Education, Seattle University, 1984
- B.A., Seattle University, 1979