Matt is an associate in the firm’s Labor, Employment & Immigration practice group.
He counsels and represents employers in a broad range of employment-related matters, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, leaves of absence, and disability accommodations. Matt has successfully defended employers in single-plaintiff and class action lawsuits in state and federal courts.
He also has extensive experience prosecuting and defending against claims related to employee mobility, such as misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of non-competition and non-solicitation covenants.
Prior to joining Foster Garvey, Matt practiced labor and employment law at a Chambers-ranked boutique law firm. He graduated cum laude from Seattle University School of Law, where he served as a Lead Article Editor on the Law Review and participated in the Civil Rights and Amicus Clinic with the Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality.
- Washington State Bar Association (Labor & Employment), 2014-present
- King County Bar Association, 2014-present
- Art with Heart, Board Member, 2019-2020
- Childhaven, Community Leadership Board Member, 2020-present
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 2.7.22
- Washington, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (cum laude), 2014
- Seattle University Law Review, Lead Article Editor
- Cali Award for Highest Grade in Class, Civil Procedure II
- B.A., Whitman College, History, 2010