Kelly’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation before federal and state courts at trial and appellate proceedings.
Her experience includes disputes involving commercial contracts, trademark and patent issues, unfair competition, transportation, and real estate. She also advises clients on cybersecurity and employment matters.
Kelly maintains an active pro bono practice. Her pro bono work includes appellate litigation for veterans denied disability benefits and petitioning for clemency and habeas corpus on behalf of prisoners.
Prior to joining Foster Pepper, Kelly served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Peter J. Maassen of the Alaska Supreme Court.
News & Insights
News & Insights
"U.S. Supreme Court Invalidates Law Against Offensive Trademarks," Foster Pepper News Alert, June 2019
“U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Guidelines for For-Profit Corporate Internship Programs,” Foster Pepper News Alert, February 2018
“A Right to Know How You'll Die: A First Amendment Challenge to State Secrecy Statutes Regarding Lethal Injection Drugs,” Northwestern Law, The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Vol. 107, Issue 3, 2017
“Imagining a Role for Artificially Intelligent Juries,” Sacramento County Bar Association, July 2017
“Addressing the Gendered Dimensions of Harassment and Bullying: What domestic and sexual violence advocates need to know,” Family Violence Prevention and Services Office of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, October 2011
“Shifting Boundaries: Lessons on Relationships for Students in Middle School,” National Institute of Justice, October 2010
“Is Your Workplace Ready for Washington State’s New Employment Laws?” Foster Pepper Client Briefing, May 2018
- Washington, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law (magna cum laude), 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Leigh B. Bienen Prize for Excellence in Writing and Research, 2016
- Arlyn Miner Book Award for Persuasive Writing, 2014
- National Trial Team, Captain
- Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Executive Articles and Comment Editor
- B.A., Wellesley College (magna cum laude), 2011
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honorable Peter J. Maassen, Alaska Supreme Court, 2016-2017