Kelly’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation before federal and state courts at trial and appellate proceedings.
Her experience includes disputes involving commercial contracts, trademark and patent issues, unfair competition, transportation, and real estate. She also advises clients on cybersecurity and employment matters.
Kelly maintains an active pro bono practice. Her pro bono work includes appellate litigation for veterans denied disability benefits and petitioning for clemency and habeas corpus on behalf of prisoners.
Prior to joining Foster Pepper, Kelly served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Peter J. Maassen of the Alaska Supreme Court.
- Washington State Wellesley Club, Board Member, 2019-present
- Secretary, 2019-present
News & Insights
- Seattle Indian Health Board Research Helps Create Government Task Force for Missing and Murdered American Indians and Alaska NativesFoster Garvey Newsroom, 1.7.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.11.19
- SCOTUSBlog, 5.16.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 3.15.19
- "Legal Update Regarding Issues Arising in the Pandemic Environment," Washington Trucking Associations WebinarWebinarVirtual Event, 4.27.20
- IPWatchdog, 4.13.20
- TransDigest, March 2020
- IPWatchdog, 1.30.20
- “A Right to Know How You'll Die: A First Amendment Challenge to State Secrecy Statutes Regarding Lethal Injection Drugs,” Northwestern Law, The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Vol. 107, Issue 3The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Vol. 107, Issue 3, 2017
- Sacramento Lawyer Magazine, July 2017
- Washington, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law (magna cum laude), 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Leigh B. Bienen Prize for Excellence in Writing and Research, 2016
- Arlyn Miner Book Award for Persuasive Writing, 2014
- National Trial Team, Captain
- Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Executive Articles and Comment Editor
- B.A., Wellesley College (magna cum laude), 2011
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honorable Peter J. Maassen, Alaska Supreme Court, 2016-2017