Jacquie’s practice is focused on counseling clients on land use, environmental and energy development matters.
Jacquie advises public and private clients on negotiating local and state regulatory processes related to development, including land use permitting, due diligence and related litigation and dispute resolution before courts and administrative boards. She also assists clients in environmental matters, including MTCA and CERCLA cost recovery, insurance and regulatory matters. Additionally, Jacquie advises clients on the development and management of renewable energy projects.
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Project, Pro Bono Attorney, 2014-present
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, Member, 2018-present
- Western Washington University Huxley College of the Environment, Dean's Alumni Advisory Board Member, 2015-present
- Community in Schools of Renton, Volunteer Student Mentor, 2015-2017
Environmental Litigation & Regulatory Guidance
- Successfully represented a potentially liable party in navigating insurance and reaching the resolution of claims under MTCA for the costs of investigation and remediation of petroleum products released from a commercial tanker truck during a freeway accident.
- Represented a national company in a four-week jury trial involving contractual, environmental and insurance issues.
- Advises private developers and municipal governments in navigating investigation and remediation processes under the Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA), including addressing risk of potential liability, managing cost recovery through contracts, insurance and litigation, and working with the Washington State Department of Ecology to seek regulatory closure through a No Further Action determination.
- Advises private real estate developers on regulatory and contractual issues pertinent to the purchase, sale, leasing and development of property, including guidance in working with consultants, real estate brokers and lenders to address environmental concerns.
- Represent private property owners in dispute resolution and litigation in cost recovery actions involving both contractual and MTCA liability.
- Successfully represented a residential developer in litigation to invalidate an onerous provision of Seattle’s Design Review ordinance.
- Represented the University of Washington in obtaining the approvals needed for the new Bill & Melinda Gates Center for Computer Science & Engineering. This entitlement process required litigation against the City of Seattle and local landmarks preservation groups.
- Successfully represented a developer in litigation through the Court of Appeals to resolve claims brought by a neighboring property owner under the Land Use Petition Act.
- Represents property owners and developers in litigation before Hearing Examiners and in state courts, involving issues arising under local development regulations, the Growth Management Act, the Land Use Petition Act, the State Environmental Policy Act and constitutional law.
- Advises private real estate developers across the Puget Sound region on entitlement and land use strategy, including advising on wetlands and other critical areas regulations.
- Represents private property owners in resolving notices of violation regarding land use requirements.
- Assists developers in conducting land use due diligence for real estate transactions and project development.
- Represented an international energy company in the acquisition of a commercial scale solar facility in New York, including project due diligence, transactional work related to the purchase, and lease review and negotiations that allowed client to attain site control.
- Represents clients involved in permitting processes for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Advises clients on leases and agreements related to solar and wind energy development.
News & Insights
- EventSeattle, WA, 11.9.17
- "Fundamentals of Redevelopment and the Model Toxics Control Act," Association of Washington Housing AuthoritiesSpeaking EngagementApril 2017
- Washington, 2014
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2014
- Order of the Coif
- Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation, Business Editor
- Green Business Initiative Student Association, Co-Director
- Pro Bono Program Board, Street Law Director
- B.A., Western Washington University (magna cum laude), 2011
- History Department Outstanding Graduate, 2011
- Phi Alpha Theta National Honor Society
- Student Senator Associated Students WWU