Devra represents companies in business disputes and complex commercial litigation. Her broad practice includes antitrust and consumer protection, environmental, intellectual property and insurance coverage.
Devra has experience before all levels of federal and state courts, including the Washington State Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
In addition, Devra maintains an active pro bono practice and recently represented United States Veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Prior to joining Foster Garvey, Devra was a judicial law clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and for the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Civic Learning Council, Washington State Bar Association, Representative, 2018-Present
- Represented the national medical certification body for a surgical specialty in defending an antitrust challenge.
- Represented a tenant in a complex landlord-tenant dispute, including briefing on motions for summary judgment and briefing and arguing on a motion for discretionary review.
- Represented a policyholder in a seven-figure marine insurance coverage dispute involving choice of law issues. Resolved on summary judgment in favor of the policyholder.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 2.21.20
- Foster Garvey Files Cert Petition to Determine Whether State Private Creditor Law Controls Whether the IRS Can Collapse Transactions to Impose Transferee LiabilityFoster Garvey Newsroom, 2.6.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 1.14.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.11.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.7.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 10.24.19
- Washington, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Washington Law Review, Executive Managing Editor, 2014-2015
- National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition Team, 2013-2015
- Environmental Law Society Pro Bono Coordinator, 2014
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, 2010
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- College of Letters and Science Honors Program
- Wisconsin International Scholars Program
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, Judicial Law Clerk, 2016-2017
- Washington State Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 2015-2016