Brooks focuses on business and technology law, transactions, capital formation and mergers and acquisitions.
Brooks earned his J.D. and M.B.A. degrees from the University of Washington and has a special emphasis in robotics law (drones, autonomous vehicles and artificial intelligence), privacy and data security, and intellectual property.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Brooks spent five years founding and leading an Internet startup and three years helping organizations navigate their public relations and public affairs challenges in Washington, D.C. and Seattle.
- Legal Foundation of Washington, Associate's Campaign for Equal Justice, Co-Chair, 2020-present
News & Insights
- Jetoptera Awarded Three Critical Patents for Fluidic Propulsive System, Vertical Take-Off and Landing Configuration, and Flying Car DesignFoster Garvey Newsroom, 1.8.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 9.30.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.1.18
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 9.20.18
- “Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning – In the Law and in Our Lives,” 2018 Washington Journal of Law, Technology & Arts Symposium ConferenceSpeaking EngagementSeatte, WA, 2.20.18
- “Blue Skies for Drone Law: Understanding the International Legal Horizons for Drones and their Many Uses,” 2017 Interlaw Americas & Asia Pacific Regional MeetingSpeaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 4.28.17
- “Driverless Seattle: How Cities Can Plan for Automated Vehicles,” University of Washington Tech Policy LabUniversity of Washington Tech Policy Lab, 3.1.17
- Washington, 2017
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2017
- Journal of Law, Technology & Arts, Director of Outreach
- Tech Policy Lab, Hazelton Fellow for Challenge Seattle Autonomous Vehicle Study
- Technology Law and Policy Clinic, Drone and AV Policy Advisor and Legislative Drafter
- Moot Court Honor Board, VP Alumni Relations
- VIS International Commercial Arbitration Team
- 1L Appellate Advocacy Competition, Best Brief Winner
- M.B.A., University of Washington, Foster School of Business, 2017
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship, Foster Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship
- B.S., Georgetown University, 2006
- Spanish, proficient