Adena advises companies on the three tiers of the alcohol beverage industry – licensing, labeling and compliance – and has industry experience in all 50 states, which is critical in the heavily regulated sector.
For nearly two decades, Adena has counseled clients on liquor licensing and compliance, representing hotels, restaurants, distillers, brewers, wineries and distributors that need licenses to launch or expand their businesses.
She also advises clients on marketing and advertising compliance, franchise protection, labeling regulations and transaction agreements and due diligence. She has extensive knowledge concerning licensing violations and all matters involving beverage formulas.
Adena has experience with state, local and federal regulatory agencies, including the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, which is part of the US Department of Treasury.
She works to ensure the long-term stability of her clients’ businesses by anticipating issues likely to arise, and works hand-in-hand with clients to verify they are properly licensed and in compliance with all government rules as they grow, expand and change their business models and reach.
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys (AHIA), Member
- American Craft Spirits Association, Member
- National Alcohol Beverage Control Association, Member
- National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals, Member
- National Conference of State Liquor Administrators, Member
- Planning Committee, Member, 2021-2022
News & Insights
- Brewbound, 10.4.22
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 9.19.22
- "Liquor Law Hot Topics & Forum; How Does Massachusetts Compare to Your State?" AHIA 2023 Spring MeetingSpeaking EngagementBoston, MA, 4.21.23
- Speaking EngagementPortland, Oregon, 9.22.22
- Speaking EngagementOmaha, Nebraska, 9.11.22