Foster Garvey is proud to announce it has once again been recognized as a top law firm in the United States by Chambers & Partners, publishers of Chambers USA. The firm received six practice rankings and 11 individual attorney rankings in New York, Oregon and Washington state.
The rankings also include a new nationwide ranking for V. Rafael Stone in the new “Investment Funds: Investor Representation” category (Band 2). Chambers commented that Stone is “noted among peers for his representation of state pension plans.”
Chambers USA rankings are the result of extensive survey and interviews of in-house counsel and leading law firm partners.
The following Foster Garvey practices were recognized in the Chambers USA publication:
Foster Garvey attorneys received the following individual rankings:
- Joseph Arellano, Litigation: General Commercial (Oregon – Band 2) described by a market source as “very strong, both knowledge-wise and service-wise.”
- Bob Chadwell, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (Washington – Band 2) with Chambers noting that he “remains a very prominent presence in the white-collar crime and government investigations space.”
- Deborah Crabbe, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Washington – Band 2) described by Chambers as being “well known and loved in Seattle” and “particularly noted by interviewees for her Chapter 7 trustee litigation.”
- Gary Fluhrer, Real Estate (Senior Statesman) described by a client that “his reputation carries a lot of weight so if he’s suggesting something it gets a lot of credit with people, and he also has good business sense.”
- Hillary Hughes, Media & Entertainment: Film & Television (New York – Band 3) with a source noting “Her professionalism, work ethic and knowledge of the law provides us with the confidence we need in knowing our best interests are served.”
- Brent Jones, Corporate/Commercial (Washington – Band 3) described by Chambers as “very pragmatic” and by clients as “a very, very high-quality attorney.”
- Ken Lederman, Environment (Washington – Band 3) described by Chambers as “[focusing] his practice on the environmental aspects of real estate transactions and redevelopment.”
- Patrick Schneider, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Washington – Band 2) described by Chambers as “a fine attorney who continues to have a very strong land use practice, particularly in litigation.”
- Lori Terry Gregory, Environment (Washington – Band 2) with a market source saying, “Lori is a tenacious advocate for her clients. She is sought out for her substantial experience in CWA and water quality matters, her great reputation and her specialized knowledge base.”
- Robert Weaver, Litigation: General Commercial (Oregon – Band 2) described by a client as having “superb instincts for litigation, and for dealing with courts and other counsel.”
Chambers & Partners, based in London, publishes directories that assess the world’s leading attorneys. Chambers USA was first introduced in 2003.
Note: Foster Pepper PLLC and Garvey Schubert Barer PC merged on October 1, 2019. The Chambers USA rankings above were earned by the individual firm.