In this Washington Lawyers for the Arts (WLA) trademarks and copyrights virtual workshop, Nancy Stephens will explain how the law can protect artists’ work and business identity. She will delve into the basics of trademarks and copyrights that span all forms of art and media – including music, theatre, and print – and answer the following questions:
- What's the difference between a trademark and a copyright?
- Do I need to register my DBA as a trademark?
- Do I have copyright protection in my art?
- Do I need to file for copyright registrations for my artwork?
- Can someone share my art online without my permission?
- I found a company online with a similar name - could I be sued?
For more information and to register, please visit the Washington Lawyers for the Arts event page.