Joy Ellis will present at BOLI's 37th Annual Employment Law Conference. In this program, she provides a comprehensive review of the principles and practices of sound discipline, effective documentation, and defensible termination. Specific issues that will be covered in this workshop include:
- Why you want to be an “at-will” employer but act like you’re a “just cause” employer
- What are the essential elements of good discipline
- Why, when, and how to document
- Using a termination checklist to avoid unnecessary risk
- How to avoid the #1 reason employees sue their employer after they are terminated
For more information and to register, visit the BOLI Employment Law Conference website.