The Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act is being heralded as a curse for large employers. It dramatically increases the ability for employees to sue their employers for discrimination, including acts that occurred years before, and it opens the door for increased class action and multi-party lawsuits.
Yet, it also presents an opportunity. Employers can use the passage of the Act as a catalyst for adopting best practices, including examining whether your pay equity rewards what you need it to reward, improving your performance management systems, updating your record retention guidelines and adopting core management best practices.
- Understand and comply with the new law.
- Reduce compensation risks and protect your company against potential lawsuits.
- View a demonstration of Mercer's Pay Equity Calculator™ Tool.
Who should attend
In-house counsel, business owners, executives, human resource professionals, benefits coordinators and anyone with day-to-day workplace management responsibility.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Registration
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Seminar
Complimentary. Lunch will be served.
Complimentary parking is available with validation provided at the event.
This event is invitation only. If you have not received an invitation but would like to express interest in attending, please contact Deanna Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.888.768.5939 x3162.
Garvey Schubert Barer’s office meets ADA standards. However, we encourage you to advise us of any special needs when you register.
Guest Speaker Biographies
- Ilene Siscovick is a Mercer Worldwide Partner and the leader of the Human Capital business for the Pacific Northwest. She has over 20 years of experience in: compensation and talent management consulting; design and implementation of broad-based employee pay programs and aligning total reward programs with business strategy; and directing the HR aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, transition planning and implementation with both domestic and international scopes.
- Marjorie Pieper is a Principal in the Seattle office of Mercer’s Human Capital business. She specializes in the design and implementation of system-wide approaches to managing human capital. Her areas of expertise include: human capital information and technology design; designing integrated HR programs and processes; and translating organization strategies and business processes into role-specific accountabilities, skills, and competencies. She has been a consultant at Mercer for 17 years.