Discussion topics will include:
- Consider Richmond Neighbors for Responsible Growth v. City of Portland and Kerns Neighbors for Rational Growth v. City of Portland - a recent spate of LUBA cases considering administrative issuance of building permits, design and what decisions constitute “land use decisions.”
- Design - The substantial challenge of adopting clear and objective standards and the deterrent effect of solutions that fail to address the neighbors’ concerns.
- Parking – Summary of new parking standards in Portland and what affect will they have on affordable housing options and development generally.
- Appealing administrative decisions – Building permits, subdivision modifications and property line adjustments that involve discretionary decision making are subject to LUBA jurisdiction and may require an individual hearing and opportunity for a public hearing.
- 4:00 - 4:15 p.m. - Registration
- 4:15 - 5:00 p.m. - Program
- 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. - Reception
How to Join the Invite List
This event is invitation only, if you would like to be included in future Euclid Society gatherings please contact GSB attorneys Ed Sullivan, Carrie Richter, or Jennifer Bragar to learn more about these events.
To learn more about our Land Use practice area, visit our land use blog at: www.northwestlandlawforum.com