Alyssa is dedicated to achieving client objectives through fostering positive labor-management relationships and finding mutually agreeable solutions.
Alyssa focuses her practice on helping public and private sector employers solve labor issues by advising in all aspects of the collective bargaining process, including working with bargaining teams to prioritize objectives, drafting proposals and contract language, serving as chief spokesperson during negotiations, and preparing for interest arbitration. She also has experience in grievance arbitrations and settlement negotiations, unfair labor practice proceedings, and related appeals.
Alyssa works proactively with employers to preserve the labor relationships, addressing potential issues and working creatively with opposing counsel/parties to propose mutually acceptable and efficient solutions.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 1.5.23
- Foster Garvey Welcomes Alyssa Melter as an Associate in the Firm's Labor, Employment & Immigration GroupFoster Garvey Newsroom, 4.19.21
- EventVirtual Event, 9.20.22-9.22.22
- “Collective Bargaining Implications of Washington’s 2021 Law Enforcement Reform Legislation,” 2021 WSAMA Fall ConferenceSpeaking EngagementVirtual Event, 9.29.21
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2013 (summa cum laude)
- Gonzaga Law Review
- National Moot Court
- Thomas More Public Interest Scholar
- B.A., University of Hawaii, Finance and International Business, 2007