- What We Do
- Patent Litigation
The America Invents Act substantially modified the field of patent litigation and expanded the available options for post-grant procedures. Foster Garvey patent attorneys actively represent clients in both contemporary and traditional proceedings at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
We represent clients seeking to enforce their patents, as well as those defending against claims of patent infringement. We work with plaintiffs to develop effective strategies to stop infringement as soon as possible and obtain damages for past violations. We work on behalf of defendants to narrow the asserted patent’s claims construction and undermine the validity as a way to stop infringement, frequently without the need for a trial.
We have extensive experience across all areas of patent office litigation including inter partes review, post-grant review, covered business methods and ex parte reexamination.
News & Events
- Benjamin Hodges Weighs in on the Impact of Patent Trolling Has on Washington State’s Small and Family-Owned Businesses in Seattle Times articleThe Seattle Times, 5.13.21
- U.S. News & World Report, 2.23.21
- SCOTUSBlog, 5.16.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 3.15.19
- American Bar Association , 2.7.17
- American Bar Association, 11.2.16
- Law360, 11.20.15