Tommy provides public finance guidance to a wide range of municipal clients throughout Washington state.
Tommy advises a variety of municipal entities that include housing authorities, public utility districts and school districts. He regularly serves as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel in both publicly and privately placed tax-exempt and taxable debt financings.
His financing work covers a broad spectrum of projects, such as multifamily affordable housing developments, water and electric utilities, solid waste disposal facilities, charter schools, and higher education institutions.
Before joining the firm, Tommy was an associate in the Public Finance group of an international law firm. Prior to that, he served as an attorney with an alternative legal services provider headquartered in Washington, D.C.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Welcomes Tommy Sandstrom as an Associate in the Municipal, Health & Housing Practice in SeattleFoster Garvey Newsroom, 10.2.23
- Washington, 2022
- District of Columbia, 2020
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2019
- The Tax Lawyer, Managing Editor
- Georgetown Law Technology Review, Articles Editor
- B.A., Emory University, International Studies and Economics, 2013
- Economics Honor Society
- Merit Scholar