Date: June 27, 2019
Location: Portland, OR
In this event, the U.S. District Court of Oregon Historical Society and the Oregon Historical Society welcomes leading advocates from both sides of the Rajneeshpuram saga, who will address issues that continue to reverberate today. Three speakers made prominent appearances in the highly acclaimed Nefflix documentary Wild Wild Country.
The discussion will be moderated by Oregon Supreme Court Justice Tom Balmer.
- Robert Weaver, assistant U.S. attorney at the time and lead federal prosecutor
- Philip Toelkes (a.k.a. Swami Prem Niren), attorney for the Rajneesh
- William Gary, lead counsel for Oregon Attorney General Dave Frohnmayer on the matter
- U.S. Magistrate Judge John Jelderks who presided over a number of the state court legal proceedings
- "An Inside Look at the Case Behind 'Wild Wild Country' – the Takedown of the Rajneeshpuram," inFusion '18 presented by Exterro
- "Rajneeshpuram: Legal Legacy & Lessons," 2018 O’Connell Conference, University of Oregon School of Law
- "Rancho Rajneesh—Legal Battles in Wild Country’s 'Utopia'," 26th Annual Litigation Institute & Retreat - Oregon State Bar