Scott focuses his practice on fiduciary, ERISA, employee benefits, executive compensation, and investment law.
Scott has substantial experience with respect to investment and management of pension and welfare plan assets, and the related prohibited transaction and conflicts of interest rules. He advises large and small employers with respect to the tax, Title I, Title IV, labor, and securities law issues involving pension, profit-sharing, 401(k), stock bonus, stock option, deferred compensation, and medical and other welfare benefit plans, as well as executive compensation planning.
Scott also has substantial experience advising tax-exempt entities, including credit unions, tribal governments and hospitals with respect to the unique issues presented by such organizations’ tax-qualified plans and executive compensation and severance arrangements.
Scott also has an interest in legal issues affecting recording artists and the music industry, and advises recording artists, labels, and public relations firms with respect to contractual and development matters.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section
- Forum on Entertainment and Sports Law
- Labor and Employment Section
- Taxation Section, Employee Benefits Committee
News & Insights
- Seattle Indian Health Board Research Helps Create Government Task Force for Missing and Murdered American Indians and Alaska NativesFoster Garvey Newsroom, 1.7.20
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.1.18
- EventSeatte, WA, 4.21.15
- Washington, 1996
- Illinois, 1982
- Ohio, 1978
- LL.M., Corporation Law, New York University, 1979
- J.D., University of Toledo, 1978
- University of Toledo Law Review, Executive Editor, 1977-1978
- A.B., University of Notre Dame, 1974