Please join the WLA and Steven D. Nofziger to learn more about tax issues related to the business of the arts.
This session will cover important tax topics at the state and federal level for individual artists and small business owners alike. A few of the topics will include:
- the basics of business formation, including entity selection (and associated tax consequences);
- business deductions and substantiating deductible expenses;
- employment/self-employment taxes;
- the tax implications of hiring employees;
- working with tax and legal professionals;
- donating created works;
- travel and work in other states;
- general state and local tax issues; and
- common tax pitfalls.
To learn more about this free online event and to register, please visit the event page.