Land Use, Planning & Zoning
Foster Pepper has one of the most respected land use practices in the Pacific Northwest. For more than 75 years, we have been providing our clients with the benefit of our substantial depth and breadth across virtually every aspect of land use, planning and zoning law.
Our experience includes representing private and public clients on all sizes of projects in the Pacific Northwest, from small in-fill developments to large residential, mixed-use, commercial and public works projects. We have counseled our clients through a number of complex public-private projects, including infrastructure and transportation, sports stadiums and facilities, and public buildings.
Our land use practice is consistently top ranked by Best Lawyers® and Chambers USA legal directory. Chambers recently noted the firm’s zoning/land use practice as a “Washington fixture” with the “breadth and depth to distinguish itself as one of the state’s best practices.”
Our attorneys have experience representing clients on nearly all aspects of land use law, including:
- Site acquisition
- Land use and environmental due diligence
- Planning, zoning and subdivision regulation
- Project permits and approvals from local, state and federal regulatory agencies
- Growth Management Act compliance
- Shorelines and wetlands regulation
- Environmental remediation and cost recovery
- Water quality and water resources
- Land use litigation before administrative boards and all levels of judicial review, including the Superior Court, Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court