The Transportation Industries Group of Foster Pepper PLLC is pleased to present the next issue of The Intermodal Lead, a newsletter summarizing legal developments in freight carriage, logistics and transportation infrastructure for firm clients and friends.
In this issue:
- The impact of a complex charter party arrangement on cargo liability.
- But what about My attorneys’ fees?
- The Fair Labor Standards Act’s motor carrier exemption applies even to drivers who might run interstate hauls that might include exempt cargoes.
- If an insurer knows its policyholder is a motor carrier, then it has issued motor carrier insurance – at least in the Peach State.
- Who’s a shipper for Carmack purposes? First, look at the bill of lading.
- Carmack preemption doesn’t extend to state good faith settlement statutes.
- A danger of daisy chains: a broker claiming a broker isn’t a broker.
For more information, contact any attorney from the Transportation Industries Group.
With offices in Seattle and Spokane, Foster Pepper’s extensive legal experience and community involvement allows us to successfully navigate complex and politically sensitive projects, as well as efficiently staff smaller, less complex matters. We provide clients with quality legal advice and responsive service, and were ranked a BTI Client Service A-Team for 2011. We also offer value-added services, including regular legislative updates, trend-spotting and trouble-shooting.