Rochelle draws upon her experience at leading wealth management firms, regional law firms and boutique estate planning firms to provide her clients with a holistic approach aimed at mitigating risk and achieving her clients' goals.
Rochelle represents high-net-worth individuals, business executives and families in all aspects of sophisticated estate planning, including tax planning, probate and trust administration. Serving as her clients’ trusted advisor, Rochelle collaborates with her clients and their financial advisors and bankers to provide sophisticated estate, trust, charitable giving and business succession plans. She also advises on prenuptial and postnuptial planning, family-owned business succession planning for high-net-worth individuals, including athletes and entertainers.
Rochelle is a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a prestigious professional association of approximately 2,500 trust and estate attorneys worldwide elected to membership through a rigorous peer review process. She also serves on the Legislative Committee of the Washington State Bar Association’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Section and has been involved with several other bar association committees.
Rochelle has been a frequent speaker and has authored several articles on estate planning for digital assets.
- American Bar Association, RPTE Committee on the Economics of the Practice Co-Vice Chair, 2012-2014
- American Bar Association, Do-It-Yourself Estate Planning Task Force, Member, 2011-present
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow; Member
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Uniform Law Commission, Drafting Committee on Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets, Observer, 2013-present
- Washington State Bar Association, RPPT Legislative Committee, Member, 2013-present
- Washington State Bar Association, RPPT Legislative Committee Task Force on Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets, Head, 2013-present
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Strengthens Firm’s Trusts, Estates & Charitable Organizations Practice with Addition of Principal Rochelle HallerFoster Garvey Newsroom, 11.12.20
- Co-sponsored EventBellevue and Seattle, WA, 1.24.18
- Washington Estate Planning Deskbook, pending publication
- "Electronic Wills and Mobile Notarization? The Fall-Out for Estate Planning During a Pandemic;" Seattle Annual Estate Planning Seminar11.20
- "Effective and Efficient Succession Planning in an Era of Uncertainty," Oregon State University’s Austin Family Business Program2.18
- "Estate Planning and Administration Considerations Related to Digital Assets," 61st Annual Estate Planning Seminar11.16
- "Drafting Washington Power of Attorneys: Basic Concepts and Consideration of New Uniform Power of Attorney Act," King County Bar Association4.16
- Puget Sound Business Journal, 3.16
- NW Lawyer Magazine, 10.14
- "Safeguarding Digital Assets Through Estate Planning," The Seattle Foundation Professional Advisor and Continuing Education Seminars6.14
- "What Happens to Your Digital Footprint if You Die or Become Incapacitated?" NALS of Washington Annual Meeting4.14
- "Estate Planning Considerations for Digital Assets," Spokane Estate Planning Counsel Quarterly Dinner Meeting3.14
- "Estate Planning Considerations for Digital Assets," American Bar Association Taxation and Real Property9.13
- "Estate Planning Considerations for Digital Assets," Washington State Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Section Midyear Meeting and Seminar6.13
- Estate Planning Magazine, 5.13
- "Rise of the Internet: Planning for Virtual Assets," American Bar Association Section of Real Property5.12
- "Don’t Try This at Home: Doom of Do-It-Yourself Estate Planning," American Bar Association Section of Real Property5.12
- 38 Estate Planning Magazine 27 , 4.11