Philip focuses his practice on counseling clients with transactional and regulatory matters related to health care and business.
Philip has experience advising health care clients on a variety of issues related to HIPAA and data security, Certificates of Need, Medicare and Medicaid compliance, practitioner and vendor contracts, formation of accountable care organizations and clinical research. He helps draft and negotiate agreements including those for professional services, confidentiality, HIPAA business associates, as well as data protection addendums and works closely with clients on creating efficiencies with standard documents.
Philip also assists public and private landowners with land use due diligence and permitting.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Young Lawyer Liaison to the Health Law Section
News & Insights
News & Insights
"Foster Pepper Local Open Government Blog, Managing the Risks of Open Municipal Data," October 2015
"GDPR: Is Your Website Compliant?" Foster Pepper News Alert, May 2018
"Public Records in Private Devices: How Public Employees' Article I, Section 7 Privacy Rights Create a Dilemma for State and Local Government," Washington Law Review, Volume 90, Issue 1, 2015
- Washington, 2015
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law (with high honors), 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Washington Law Review, Managing Editor
- B.A., Seattle University (cum laude), 2011
- Dean’s List
- Omicron Delta Epsilon, Member
- Washington Court of Appeals for Division II, Judicial Extern, 2014