Mary is a law clerk assisting with transactional matters in the firm's Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental group.
Prior to joining Foster Garvey, she was a founding member of Stronger Together Community Coalition, a North Seattle community coalition to empower marginalized residents to advocate for improved housing, education and distribution of city funding. Mary also spent some time as a Court Watch Intern where she provided analysis and research of court proceedings and individual cases to supervisors and King County Superior Court judges, and met with legislators to discuss Court Watch findings in relation to sexual assault protection orders and Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs.
Passionate about serving the community, during her time at the University Washington School of Law, Mary was President and Western Regional Mock Trial Director of the Black Law Students Association, a Board Member of the Minority Law Students Association, and a student liaison at the Washington State Minority and Justice Commission. She was also a member of The Dean's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
Solid Ground, Board of Directors
- Washington (pending)
- J.D., University of Washington School of law, 2021
- University of Washington School of Law Justice Charles Z. Smith award
- Hazelton Fellow
- Gregoire Fellow
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team
- B.A., University of Washington, Political Science, and Law, Societies and Justice, 2015
- Washington State Supreme Court, Justice Sheryl Gordon McCloud, Judicial Extern, 2019