Haiyun advises public and private institutional clients on a wide range of alternative investments, domestic and cross-border transactions and general corporate matters.
Haiyun represents institutional investors in private fund investments on a comingled and individual basis. She advises clients throughout the lifecycle of a fund investment, including in the initial investment, co-investments, secondary transactions and exit opportunities. Haiyun has represented clients in complex commercial domestic and cross-border transactions, including in public and private mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, take-privates, takeovers, joint ventures, restructurings and workouts. Haiyun was part of the deal team previously recognized by The American Lawyer for Global Offshore M&A Deal of the Year.
Haiyun is Co-Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and is active in managing and directing the firm’s pro bono program. Haiyun maintains a robust pro bono practice focused on immigrants’ and children’s rights. Haiyun has worked with asylum seekers across the United States and on rapid response teams, nationally and internationally, to address emerging issues in immigration law. She has participated in a variety of access to justice initiatives and has been involved in impact litigation and advocacy work to increase access to counsel and language access in the immigration system. Haiyun also consults and advises on television and media storylines involving immigration law issues.
- Association of Pro Bono Counsel, Member, 2019-Present
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Project, Supervising Attorney, 2019-Present
- Public Counsel Law Center, Associate Leadership Board, 2016-2017
- Define American, Entertainment Media Advisory Board, 2019-Present
News & Insights
News & Insights
“Separated But Not Forgotten: Family Separation One Year Later,” National Association of Women Lawyers, June 2019
“Zero Tolerance and Family Separation at the Border,” Day in the Life, August 2018
- Washington, 2019
- New York, 2015
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2014
- Immigration Legal Services Clinic, Student Director, 2013-2014
- Education Adequacy Project, Student Director, 2012-2013
- Liman Public Interest Program
- Dean’s Advisor
- Yale Journal on Regulation, Senior Editor
- B.S. and B.A., Purdue University (with Highest Distinction), 2009
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Purdue Exponent, Editor
- Indiana Legal Services, Volunteer