Eva focuses on advising business and individual clients in the prevention of data breaches leveraging her extensive privacy and data security experience.
Eva brings significant privacy and data security experience, including enforcing consumer protection statutes against various industries; investigating data breaches, privacy issues and scams; and assisting with the consumer protection legislative agenda. Certified as an Information Privacy Professional, she is a frequent industry conference speaker on consumer protection and privacy laws.
Prior to joining Foster Garvey, Eva served as Senior Assistant Attorney General in the Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section and the Civil Litigation Section of the Oregon Department of Justice.
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), 2022
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E), 2022
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), 2020
- Oregon State Bar, Technology Law Section, Executive Committee Member
- What Hospitality Businesses With a Loyalty Program Can Do Now to Stay Compliant With the California Consumer Privacy ActDuff on Hospitality Law, 2.9.22
News & Insights
- Eva Novick Shares Her Expert Insights on Spotting Fake QR Codes and Avoiding Scammers in Reader's DigestReader's Digest , 4.14.22
- Brandeis University Alumni News Network, 4.12.22
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 1.4.22
- "Privacy and Data Protection Law: Things Every Lawyer Should Know" Multnomah Bar Association CLE SeminarSpeaking EngagementVirtual Event, 6.1.22
- Speaking EngagementFrisco, TX, 3.31.22
- "Social Media Privacy Status: It’s Complicated," Oregon State Bar CLE: Emerging Technologies -- Charting the Future Course of the LawSpeaking engagement10.18
- "Oregon’s Data Breach and Data Security Laws,"Oregon Department of Justice CLESpeaking engagement5.18
- "Data Breaches, Data Security and Privacy: Legal Compliance in Oregon," Marquam IT (MTX)Speaking engagement9.4.17
- Regulators' Roundtable, Sedona Conference, Working Group 11 MeetingPanel Discussion8.4.16
- "Update on Legislative and Class Action Developments in Breach and Privacy Law," Law Seminars International CLESpeaking engagement8.15
- Oregon, 2004
- North Carolina, 2021
- Washington, 2022
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Brandeis University (cum laude), Sociology, 1999