Emily's practice focuses on assisting Washington state municipal clients in public finance transactions and general municipal law.
Before joining Foster Garvey, Emily was an associate in the corporate and transactional group at a regional law firm where she helped structure transactions, draft documents and analyze financial data.
While in law school, Emily served as an Articles Editor for the Gonzaga Law Review and was named winner of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Intellectual Property Law; Legal Research & Writing III; Legal Research & Writing IV: Advanced Legal Research; Advanced Trademark and Unfair Competition Law; Cities & Towns Law; Mental Disability Law; Business Associations; Comparative Women's Rights; and Consumer Law. She was also a recipient of the Thomas More Scholarship, a full-tuition, merit-based scholarship for public service.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Welcomes Emily Hazen as an Associate in the Firm's Public Finance & Municipal Government GroupFoster Garvey Newsroom, 9.27.21
- Washington, 2021
- Idaho, 2021
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law (summa cum laude), 2019
- Gonzaga Law Review, Articles Editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- M.B.A., Concentration in Finance, Gonzaga University School of Business, 2018
- B.A., Eastern Washington University (magna cum laude), Political Science, 2015
- District Court for the Sixth District of Idaho, the Hon. Mitchell W. Brown, Law Clerk, 2019-2020