As an advocate of her clients, Diana is dedicated to helping individuals and corporate clients achieve their business objectives in disputes related to commercial agreements and intellectual property.
She has successfully represented clients in cases involving a broad range of subject matters, including license and contract disputes, business torts, anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy actions, patent and trademark litigation, and securities litigation.
As a seasoned litigator, her proven track record includes handling cases through trial and resolving cases early through strategic motion practice. She also works closely with clients in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements to minimize litigation risk.
Before joining the firm, Diana practiced as a litigator for more than a decade — first at a New York City firm, and then at a litigation boutique firm in Seattle.
Her active and diverse pro bono practice encompasses volunteer engagements representing asylum candidates in Immigration Court and before the Board of Immigration Appeals, and representing prisoners seeking post-conviction relief. Before law school, she conducted research on anti-poverty initiatives and authored numerous publications as a Research Analyst at Manpower Development Research Corporation, a non-profit public policy research firm.
- Mother Attorney Mentoring Association of Seattle (MAMA Seattle), Board Member
Kelli Young v. M.W.A., LLC, et al. (2017-2019). Served as lead trial counsel in defending gender and age discrimination claims brought by financial advisor against wealth management firm and individual defendant corporate officer. Secured summary judgment dismissal of discrimination claims against individual defendant corporate officer. Claims against wealth management firm proceeded to a roughly three week jury trial in King County Superior Court where jury rendered defense verdict on all claims in favor of client M.W.A., LLC.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 6.10.19
- Washington, 2013
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law (magna cum laude), 2005
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University (magna cum laude), Sociology, 1998
Honors & Recognition
- Washington Super Lawyers list, 2010-2019
- Top 50 Washington Women Super Lawyers, 2019