Denny has extensive experience advising clients on a wide range of legal issues faced by corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and nonprofit organizations, with a particular emphasis on tax planning.
Denny regularly advises clients on choice of entity, employee stock options plans, executive and deferred compensation arrangements, qualified retirement plans, purchases and sales of businesses, and business restructurings and dissolutions.
He also represents real estate developers and foreign investors in U.S. real estate, and advises high-net worth individuals on business, estate and financial planning. In addition, he advises the firm’s pension fund clients on tax matters relating to real estate transactions and REITs, structuring and restructuring of entities and alternative investment transactions.
For the past fifteen years, a significant part of his practice has focused on structuring taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions of banks and other financial institutions.
- American Bar Association
- Tax Section, Member
- Business Section, Member
- Property, Probate & Trust Section, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Asian American Arts Theater, Member
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 9.30.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 8.15.19
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 11.1.18
- "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 – Key Changes in the New Tax Law – The Details," 2018 Senior Lawyers ConferenceSpeaking EngagementSeaTac, WA, 4.27.18
- Speaking EngagementBellevue, WA, 5.13.15
- Washington, 1991
- California, 1990
- New York, 1983
LL.M., Taxation, New York University, 1987
J.D., Cornell University, 1982
M.A., University of California at Berkeley, 1978
B.A., University of Washington (cum laude), 1973
Honors & Recognition
The Best Lawyers in America© Tax Law, 2020