Bruce has extensive experience advising and representing clients in corporate and commercial law matters, with special emphasis in securities law, venture capital transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Bruce serves as general counsel to several public and privately held companies, and he has acted as lead counsel in a wide variety of transactions including initial public offerings, private debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and joint venture formation.
Bruce also has extensive experience in international business transactions, and he has assisted several Chinese businesses in establishing their U.S. operations.
Contest for Corporate Control / Proxy Contest
- Represented NYSE-listed company in connection with proxy contest and special meeting of shareholders.
Formation of Chinese Joint Venture
- Represented InFocus Corporation in connection with formation of joint venture with Chinese manufacturer.
- Advised audit committee of publicly traded company in connection with three internal investigations.
Sale of Businesses
- Represented InFocus Corporation in connection with sale to private investor.
- Represented Kibble & Prentice in connection with acquisition by USI Holdings.
- Represented Brooks Sports in connection with acquisition by Russell Athletic.
- Represented Nautilus, Inc., in connection with sale of Dash America, Inc., d/b/a Pearl Izumi, to Shimano, Inc.
Venture Capital Financings
- Represented venture capital and private equity funds in connection with preferred stock and convertible note investments.
- Represented venture-backed company in connection with Series C, D, E, F and G preferred stock financings.
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Section
- Subcommittee on Legal Opinions
- Corporation, Business & Banking Section, Member
- Business Law Section
- Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Sell Seattle Task Force
- East by West Committee
- Mercer Island Boys & Girls Club, Board of Directors, Vice President and Member
- University of Washington Law School Advancement Committee, Member
Represented venture-backed company in connection with Series C, D, E, F and G preferred stock financings.
Represented venture capital and private equity funds in connection with preferred stock and convertible note investments.
Represented Nautilus, Inc., in connection with sale of Dash America, Inc., d/b/a Pearl Izumi, to Shimano, Inc.
Represented North Star Petroleum in its acquisitions of several petroleum distribution companies, including Delta Western and Maui Petroleum.
Represented Nautilus, Inc., in connection with acquisition of Pearl Izumi USA, Inc.
News & Insights
- Foster Garvey Newsroom, 6.10.19
- "International Mergers and Acquisitions: Key Stages in the Deal Process," 2011 TEI/UW International Tax ForumSpeaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 9.7.11
- Garvey Schubert Barer, 1.14.15
- Washington, 1977
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1977
- Order of the Coif
- Washington Law Review, Member
B.A., University of Colorado, Political Science, 1969
Honors & Recognition
- Chambers USA (Washington) Leading Individual, Corporate/Commercial, 2011-2012, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America© Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Securities and Capital Markets Law, 2011-2015
- Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year” in Corporate Governance Law in Seattle, WA, 2015
- Washington Super Lawyers list, 2001-2019
- Super Lawyers Business Edition, 2014-2015
- "Top Lawyer" for Corporate in Seattle Met magazine, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating