Ako focuses her practice on estate planning and probate/trust administration for domestic and international clients. She enjoys working with all ranges of clients on their estate planning from simple, small estate plans to multi-million, complex estate plans. She is also experienced in assisting estates with the recovery of assets in the U.S. left by foreign decedents.
Being a native Japanese speaker, she often facilitate communication between the U.S. fiduciary and family members in Japan who are not familiar with the U.S. legal system. She finds practice of estate planning and probate law fulfilling because it’s deeply personal.
Ako previously practiced law in Hawaii, where she represented a diverse range of clients in commercial and real estate transactions, including sale and acquisition of businesses and entity formation.
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Eastside Nihon Matsuri Association, Member, 2006-2015
- Washington, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2006
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2002
- The John Marshall Law Review, Student Articles Editor
- B.A., Illinois State University, Theater, 1993