Date: October 23, 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
- Seattle’s new income tax was challenged by several groups of would-be taxpayers and eventually struck down by a King County trial court judge. The city appealed, hoping for immediate review by the Washington State Supreme Court, but the high court required review by the intermediate appellate court as the next step. That review recently resulted in another loss for the city, but the court’s surprising rationale raises new concerns for taxpayers and the legislature. The case is expected to move on to the Supreme Court. Come hear the latest developments in this landmark litigation and what it may mean for your company.
- Learning Objectives:
- Participants will be able to:
- Refresh their knowledge of the tax, the politics, the legal issues and the trial court decision.
- Learn the details and surprisingly broad implications of the latest decision by the Court of Appeals.
- Hear what may happen next in the Supreme Court and the legislature — and why taxpayers statewide should care.
- Norman J. Bruns
Foster Garvey PC
- Senator Steve O'Ban
Washington State Senate
- Participants can earn 1.8 CPE credits in Taxation. CMIs will earn 1.8 hours toward renewing their designation.
- The Columbia Tower Club
701 Fifth Avenue, 75th Floor
Seattle, WA 98104
- To register, visit Institute for Professionals in Taxation's website.