W. Adam Coady
Adam’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and leasing with considerable experience in the healthcare, office and retail sectors. He represents property owners, developers, lenders, investors and tenants throughout the Pacific Northwest. Adam has experience working in-house with a large healthcare client where he managed the legal matters relating to its real estate portfolio. He has also represented several real estate clients in litigation involving boundary lines, leasing and commercial contracts.
Representative Transactions: Buyers and Sellers
- Represented buyers and sellers in various apartment, biotechnology, office and land transactions, including:
- The $300 million sale of a public university’s medical and biotechnology facility in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood.
- The sale of two single-tenant office buildings in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood to a German investment fund for more than $500 million.
- The $77 million acquisition of a large shopping center in south Puget Sound by a private real estate investment company.
- The acquisition of more than 270,000 square feet of land in Bellevue, Washington by a private developer for more than $110 million.
- The sale of 30 acres of vacant land formerly used as a gravel mine in Snohomish County, Washington.
- A $41 million acquisition of a hotel in Los Angeles, California by a Seattle-based private real estate developer.
- The $67 million acquisition of a 400-unit apartment building in Salt Lake City, Utah by a private real estate developer and broker.
- The sale of a 38-property portfolio of medical facilities in 25 states by a real estate investment firm to multiple investment funds.
- The $16 million aggregation and acquisition of adjacent parcels near Minneapolis, Minnesota for a mixed-use apartment and office building.
Representative Transactions: Development, Joint Ventures and Financing
- Represented developers, joint venture partners and lenders in a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including:
- A Seattle developer in connection with a $105 million construction loan for a multifamily development in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood.
- A borrower in connection with a $49 million construction loan for a 329-unit multifamily project in Kent, Washington.
- A borrower in connection with a $13 million construction and renovation loan for a 116-unit apartment building in Fife, Washington.
- A hotel-developer in connection with a $20 million construction loan for a project in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- A joint venture partner in a $75 million sale of its membership interest in a national affordable housing portfolio of more than 30 properties throughout the United States.
- A developer of assisted living facilities in securing more than $36 million in financing for the development of five projects in Washington and Oregon.
- A regional developer in connection with a binding site plan for a 1.2 million square foot mixed-use shopping and multifamily property in Snohomish County.
Seattle Counseling Services, Board Member, 2014-Present
Urban Land Institute
- Young Leaders Group, Board Member, 2016-Present
- Center for Sustainable Leadership, Class of 2016
Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2019
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2011
B.A., University of Washington, 2005
U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Washington, 2012
- Western District of Washington, 2012
9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, 2013
Foster Pepper PLLC
- Associate, 2011-Present
- Summer Associate, 2010
Georgetown Law, International Law Research Assistant, Professor David Stewart, 2009-2011
Documentation Center of Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Cambodia), Legal Associate, 2009
Peace Corps (Senegal, West Africa), Agriculture Extension Agent, 2005-2007