Nonprofit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
Washington state is home to some of the most respected and influential nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations in the country focusing on global health, science, the arts, technology and education, among others. These organizations operate in a highly regulated industry and consistently face pressure to maintain transparency, sustain an effective organization, and serve the organization's founding mission.
Foster Pepper has a long history of working with nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations. We understand the challenges these organizations encounter with funding constraints and regulatory issues. Our attorneys are sensitive to an organization’s needs and take great pride in partnering with client’s to achieve their charitable and philanthropic goals.
We provide counsel to a broad range of organizations, including:
- Business and trade associations
- Community development and relief organizations
- Educational institutions (all levels)
- Health care institutions and organizations
- Public charities
- Religious organizations
- Homeowners associations
- Social clubs
- Social service organizations
- Tax-exempt housing developers and operators