Foster Pepper is pleased to present the 36th Annual Civil Service Conference in Yakima, WA on Monday, September 18 - Tuesday, September 19, 2017. The conference provides the Civil Service Commissioner, Secretary and Examiner, other local human resources officials and legal counsel with practical information on best practices and emerging issues.
September 18 - 19, 2017
Yakima Convention Center
10 North 8th Street
Yakima, WA 98901
To view the conference schedule, please click here.
Conference Topics & Presenters:
- Basic Training for New Commissioners & Staff and the Annual Legal Update presented by Foster Pepper Managing Member Steve DiJulio
- Annual All Agency Business Meeting and Current Issues in Public Safety Testing presented by Public Safety Testing's Jon Walters
- An HR Professional's View of Departmental Management of Progressive Discipline presented by MRSC's Marci Wright
- Exempt Positions in the Sheriff's Office and Other Tales presented by Office of the Attorney General's Jeffrey T. Even and Andrew Logerwell
- Basics of a Civil Service Disciplinary Hearing presented by Hearing Examiners Association of Washington's Gary McLean
- Pre-Employment Credit Checks presented by Foster Pepper's Andrea Bradford
- CJTC Update presented by Criminal Justice Training Commission's Samantha Thomson-Daly
- Public Records and Public Employees Update presented by Foster Pepper's Lee Marchisio
Preconference and Conference - $220
Attendance at Preconference and Conference
Conference only - $175
Attendance at Conference
Preconference only - $80
Attendance at Preconference
Additional lunch for one guest - $25
Conference materials only - $50
Please send your name, company name, and registration type (full conference, conference only or pre-conference only) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
Accomodations recommended through Hilton Garden Inn Yakima.
To view last year's speaking topics and materials, please click here.
For questions related to registration, please contact email@example.com. For questions related to the Conference content, please contact Steve DiJulio at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions on Public Safety's Annual All-Agency Meeting, please contact Jon Walters at email@example.com or toll-free at 1.866.HIRE.911.