Jeffrey P. Lane, MPH
Jeff's practice focuses on health care and medical research law. Jeff advises clients on structuring a range of health care and medical research-related transactions, including clinical research site agreements, complex laboratory services and quality agreements, intellectual property license agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, cooperative research agreements, research network agreements, physician service agreements, quality data sharing agreements and hospital affiliation agreements. He also advises organizations on the unique legal compliance issues that arise as a result of engaging in international health care operations and research affiliations.
In addition to advising clients on health care and medical research transactions, Jeff has experience representing clients on a range of litigation matters, including certificates of need, antitrust, provider reimbursement and tax-exemption appeals.
Jeff is currently Chair of the Advisory Board for the Washington Medical-Legal Partnership and a member of the board of directors of the Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys. He is also a Clinical Instructor at the University of Washington Department of Global Health where he teaches a graduate-level course titled Global Health Policy and Advocacy.
- Negotiated a clinical trial site agreement to govern an investigator-initiated clinical trial with the goal of developing a novel therapy for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Assisted in analyzing the operations of a neglected diseases research institute to determine its obligations under state and federal health information privacy laws.
- Advised a Washington-based health care provider on compliance issues relating to international joint ventures and research affiliations.
- Advised a nonprofit health care provider on how to partner with medical universities to deliver health care services in rural Peru, while limiting its liability exposure.
University of Washington
- Instructor of Law and Global Health
Washington Global Health Alliance
- Co-Chair, Business Partnerships Initiative, October 2011-October 2013
Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Board of Directors, 2015-Present
Washington Medical-Legal Partnership
Gilead Sciences Licenses Five HIV/AIDS Drugs to New Medicines Patent Pool: The Start of a New Trend?
Author, American Bar Association, International Law News, Vol. 41, No. 1, December 2011
The Need for Effective Licensure Laws for Mid-Level Health Care Providers in Countries Facing Chronic Physician Shortages: A Case Study of the Marshall Islands' Health Assistants
17 Pac. Rim. L. & Pol'y 767 (2008)
Advocating for the Native American Child: Comprehensive Overview of the Indian Child Welfare Act
Chapter Contributor, Native American Practice Group and CASA CLE Manual - November 2008
Thomas Francis Jr. Global Health Fellowship, 2009
Grantee, University of Washington Public Interest Law Association, 2009
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2009
- Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal, Editor, 2008-2009
- Moot Court Honor Board, Member, 2007-2009
- Student Health Law Organization, President, 2007-2008
M.P.H., University of Washington, 2009
B.A., Boston College, 2005
Foster Pepper PLLC
- Member, 2017-Present
- Associate, 2010-2016
- Summer Associate, 2008
U.S. Senator Patty Murray, Legislative Fellow, 2009
Center for Law in Science and Global Health, Research Assistant, 2008-2009
Seattle Children's Hospital, Research Assistant, 2007-2008
Rural Development Institute, Research Assistant, 2007
Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky & Popeo, P.C. (Boston, MA), Legal Assistant, 2005-2006